experience

experience

onsdag 16. november 2011

Recap

Hi! So it's been too long since I posted something. I've decided to be an active blogger since at times like this, when it's hectic, I should write. The future 90 years old Anita will appreciate reading about the happy days when I was young and happy with no wrinkles and having an astonishment view of the world. Then again the exam period is here and I'll be living at the AIESEC office studying the next month so it won't be much to excited things to report.

Just a recap on what has happened this semester.
Starting from the summer I must tell you more about Adrian Chan. Briefly. Summer 2011. Love with no commitment. Home and long e-mails. Just to give you an impression of him:
" I can't help similing right now. Its like whenever I see, read, or think of anything that has the slightest connection to you a rush of emotions just fills me up. Happiness, sadness, and an incredible longing to see you...It feels so good finally hearing from you. I did send you an email the first night I got back to Hong Kong! "
I wrote him a poem:

I miss you Adrian Chan,
You became my mi fan.
As the basic to every meal
you were something I needed, for real
Everyday
I would pay..
To have you here
I want you near!
I still have your smile on my mind.
Another you I will never find.
I'm sitting here thinking of an end.
Wondering if you and I are going to pretend
That this didn't happen when we meet again.
But I'm done "fast forwarding" my lover and friend
I want to be with you
Hope you feel the same too!
(...)
I know... And I agree
This is not American TV
It's hard, and I feel an emptiness inside
'Cause you and me we just collide
Why do you have to be so far away?!
There is not much more for me to say...
You became my mi fan

I miss you Adrian Chan


God I'm so chessyHaha. I will stop now.
Before we went seperate ways I gave him a love passport (god I really am the chessiest person on the planet).


Skyping with Adrian
"I wrote two entries in that love passport you gave me, in the empty pages. I think they sum up really well what I've been feeling the past days at night.
I miss you a little too good for my health Anita! I would give anything to have you next to me right now. I just can't stop thinking about you. Everywhere I go you're there. I try to keep myself busy but it just doesn't help. You are seriously everywhere I go. Never thought one month with you would cut me so deep. I try running away from you but there's no escaping.
7-30-2011
1:55am
I don't know if you remember the time I told you I believed in many loves of my life. I think you're one of those loves Ani. Don't know how I"m going to survive without you. I want to be with you but I don't. On one hand, I think it's best if we aren't together but I just can't help thinking about you. Tell me what to do. 
7-31-2001 
Haha I was going through some pretty depressed moments those nights. Yeah, I checked plane tickets to Bergen as well. So when we began this relationship, we said that one month and it would be over right? That was when we didn't really care for each other and had logic instead now where we have emotion. (I'm just trying to reason with myself) And still, now we are going through the same plan."

At that time nothing was decided. He thought that we would never meet again and I had a difficult time accepting that. And guess what? On the 10th of September, at night, I just booked the flight tickets and told him the next day.
I can't really recommend you to have a long distance relationship. It eats you up inside. Knowing t at on the other side of the planet is a person longing for you as much as you want him to be a part of your life. Bergen is a pretty romantic city and even though I'm very social I often feel alone because I miss his touch and his calm voice and joking with him. I've come to the point were I'm still thinking of him, but I'm not sad anymore. I smile and look forward to the day I see him again. The 26th of December. Gosh, I can't wait!
I'll leave it like that and update you when I get back on the 9th of January.


AIESEC is an organisation I'm part of. During this semester I've encountered several challenges: I had booked a meeting with the UIB people without consulting Thao. It was during the Excel conference and I was confused etc. I've been having meetings, planned the process and giving trainings while making documents for the exchanges.
It has been a lot of work and late nights but we have had such a good time. The celebration on the 29th of October was great! Morten Sortland and singstar is a chapter of its own. It was hilarious and Runar's ladies speech was incredible! He compared internships with ladies. Hehe. I've met a lot of students and having good talks and moments with the members throughout this year.
The OPS today was a success. I felt like I've gotten through this fear of talking in front of an audience and are able to breathe and relax when I'm talking. I'm present. FINALLY!
















I've also managed to be a volleyball judge this semester and has judged 2 matches so far. Wuhu! I got the opportunity since I'm playing volleyball twice a week now. I met Rosie, the most outgoing girl from England, at the swimming pool and we've had our "dates" there. I hate that I've been so busy that we've lost contact and I'm writing on my to-do list that I need to get back in touch with her.
One of my best friends' birthday was a hit! It was so nice seeing everyone again and I made a video for her. I'll post it.

Old picture of us I used making the video


Bergen challenge

Spring roll!

Home :-)
The opening ceremony of Bergen Challenge. Red Cross strategy meetings (great food and incredible people!). Dinners with friends. Movie nights. Helge Marie and I made a dance and a song for Chen and Thao at their birthday.
Piano song. Poems. "Sveiseaften". I'm just summing up things now.


Can't believe how lucky I am. In AIESEC I'm in environment that in many ways reflects an international work area and I'm surrounded by people that gives me energy. I'm growing as a person. I have a lovely family that supports me (I sent my dad his birthday present: socks and boxer with a card I made and wrote in Vietnamese!) and friends that are amazing. I have a luxury problem: I got too many things I want to do but I need to remind myself that I only have an amount of capacity.

"Be the change that you want to see in the world"
Mahatma Gandhi

Good night!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar